Friday, June 6, 2008

Wedding Symposium in Orlando

What an extraordinary experience! I have just arrived back home from a one day wedding symposium put on by Engaging Concepts – we attended Engage!08 in Orlando.
Lisa McGinty, our Marketing and PR Executive, and I, had the incredible fortune to be part of this very initimate group of 75 persons that attended this very high powered and high profile wedding symposium. We have learned great insights and are literally buzzing with all the new ideas and possibilities that we have seen and been introduced to.

Thanks to my incredible friend, mentor, and total inspiration, Rebbecca Grinnals we were invited to be part of this first symposium of it's kind. Well, Rebecca Grinnals, you have done it again, it was far beyond my high expectations and I am sure all of the attendees will agree with me. Never have I attended a conference, symposium, trade show, whatever you want to call it, (and I have been attending them for over 15 years) and come away feeling like I did. In one day, I know so much more about the world of weddings as they currently stand in the market place. So much information was imparted, the trends, insight personal and up close with none other than the incredible Preston Bailey, not to mention Marcy Blum – that session left me breathless. Not to mention the other speakers were all so informative, and in particular Christine Boulton of Think Like a Bride and Harmony Walton of Get Married.com were so interesting and honest with their insight and knowledge on their respective subjects.

Mr. Fabulous, Preston Bailey and I at Engage!08

Lots of talk about Destination Weddings and how the buzz and trend towards weddings in these exotic far away places continues to grow excessively every year. I am so excited and have to say that here in our little paradise, the Cayman Islands, Celebrations are planning, designing and producing more and more couture, bespoke weddings of a distinction for our overseas brides, and that, as you all know, is our passion! Thanks Rebecca Grinnals - you are amazing!

No comments: